Link Building is the process of building backlinks to a website to improve its visibility among search engines. This process adds authority to the content of your website and acts as a backup cushioning.
Over the years, SEO backlinking has remained the #1 ranking metric for Google. The giant search engine gives immense weightage to these backlinks and while crawling the web, studies how your pages are connected.
In this article, we will discuss 4 different ways to build backlinks for websites
1. Find broken links to build backlinks
This process of link building starts by searching for relevant websites with quality content, that have broken links or dead-ends(404 pages) in their content. The strategy is to contact the webmaster, build a rapport and tell them about the broken links.
Find the websites with broken links can be done by searching Google with the following search combinations:
- keyword + links
- keywords + resources
- keywords inurl: links
For example, you have a parenting website, you will search for pregnancy+links
Tip- To easily locate the broken links, you can download the google chrome plugin Check My Links. Using this plugin, you can find the following results.
Since you have informed the webmaster about the broken link, the chances of your website link being replaced by the broken link is high.
2. Write Testimonials
Most customers read the testimonials and reviews of previous clients to make a final purchase decision.
As we see, the study by Brightlocal reveals that 68% of consumers prefer to buy from local companies with positive reviews, and “91% of 18-34-year-old consumers rely both on online reviews and personal recommendations.
Ways of link building:
- Leave reviews on relevant sites having services and products that you use daily in your business- when your review is published on that website, it will contain a backlink to your website.
- Check for sites like Yelp and Foursquare that provide opportunities to review websites. You can leave a review on these sites along with your company name and website address in your profile.
- You can also share an authentic and positive review on your website by creating a blog post.
3. Guest blogging
With guest blogging, you can publish your articles on popular websites, thus getting new readers and a better reach. Moreover, you will not just earn an SEO backlinking to your website, your reputation will get a boost and more people will recognize your work.
The numerous Google searches that you can conduct to find websites that accept guest blogs include:
- your keyword + inurl:write-for-us
- your keyword + guest-posts
- your keyword + inurl:guest-post-guidelines
- your keyword + contribute
- your keyword + become an author
- your keyword + guest post by
- your keyword + now accepting guest posts
- your keyword + become a contributor
- your keyword + bloggers wanted
- your keyword + submit an article
- your keyword + want to write for
You can also search for influencers publishing guest posts and offer your blogs on the same websites they’ve had in the past.
4. Spy on your competitor’s backlinks
Keep an eye on your competitor’s social media posts and other web movements if you want to stay ahead of them.
- Create a Google alert for the keyword “site:com.”
- Subscribe to their newsletters or follow them on social media.
- Monitor their backlinks using many tools available online and discover new link-building avenues.
Using the above-discussed practices, you can make SEO backlinking one of the strong areas of your digital marketing campaigns. Quality backlinks improve your website’s credibility as more viewers find your website organically.